God Loves Little Children
Does your church delight in its little ones? It should. Why? Because God greatly values even the smallest child. Each and every child is a cherished blessing from God Himself. When we consider the miracle of creation and the love of our Creator, we just scratch the surface of how God feels about His small ones. The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. Kids should never be an afterthought or annoyance in the church. They are our heritage from the Lord!
For more reading on our call from Jesus to protect our little ones, The Church and the Little Children
1) “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.”
2) At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
He called a little child to him and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
3) Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
4) A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.
5) Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
6) An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”
7) Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.
8) Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
9) A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
10) People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
11) “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
For more please read The Church and the Little Children